Did Barry Loudermilk Pocket Taxpayer Dollars By Selling The Video?
Barry Loudermilk still refuses to come clean regarding the growing scandal surrounding his $10,000 sweetheart deal with the Georgia Department of Education GADOE to produce a self-serving video. This week Barry did speak about the video, but his carefully parsed words only raise additional questions.
Barry Loudermilk is venturing into Lois Lerner territory as the cover-up and denials grow regarding the potential misuse of $10,000 taxpayer dollars.
At a Georgia Tea Party meeting this week, Barry emphasized he did not receive any money as a part of the transaction of the contract. What Loudermilk failed to come clean on is the next chapter in this scandal:
- Did Barry Loudermilk, any member of his family, or any member of the staff of the Loudermilk family “non-profit” Firm Reliance ever receive compensation in any manner from an appearance, speech, or in any activity in which the video was featured as part of the promotional materials?
- Did Barry Loudermilk, any member of his family, or any member of the staff of the Loudermilk family “non-profit” Firm Reliance ever directly participate in, or have knowledge of, the video being sold in at any appearance, speech, or in any manner in association with or on behalf of Firm Reliance?
Loudermilk still refuses to answer other questions, such as:
- Why has Barry Loudermilk never explained how and why he feels he can claim ownership of a product he had “nothing to do with” and which, according to him, was “produced by two state entities?”
- Did Barry Loudermilk’s close friend, Chip Rogers, help arrange the sweetheart deal for Barry Loudermilk at GPB? Barry needs to provide all the documentation on how it is he can “own” a product paid for with taxpayer dollars.
- Has Barry Loudermilk, his family, or his so-called non-profit ever, in any manner, received money connected to this video?
- Will Barry Loudermilk provide records to all the questions in this expanding scandal?
Loudermilk may think it is “ridiculous” that people have questions about his involvement in their taxpayer dollars, but this response cannot mask the fact that he has been caught with his hand in Georgia taxpayers’ pockets which is just plain wrong. The people of Georgia deserve better.